Library Assistant (Administration) Ref: 4886
Hours: 18.25 hours considered up to a maximum of 0.5FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Contract: fixed term
Salary: starting at £19,133 to £21,236 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 26 November 2020
Closing date:08 December 2020. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: 17 December 2020 (TBC)
Expected start date: 17 January (TBC)
This vacancy is only open to those currently employed by the University.
An opportunity has arisen for a Library Assistant to work within the Library Administration Team for 18.25 hours per week Monday to Friday, to cover a secondment until 29/10/21.
- Contributing to the operation of databases, including data entry, record checking and gathering statistics
- Providing administrative support to staff as appropriate e.g. absence reporting, staff development, events management and support with various projects
- Supporting the team as required in the production of the Library’s publications, notices, posters and social media
Applicants must have:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Absolute discretion and the ability to deal tactfully with staff and students
- Good team working skills
- Good IT skills including using Box, Teams and/or Zoom
- The ability to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience of working in a similar post
Please email Maria Smith firstname.lastname@example.org for informal enquiries.
All grades 1-5. Please note that the University of Sussex is unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position, and thus any applicant should ensure that they have the legal right to work in the UK for the period of the post. The University of Sussex requires all successful applicants to provide proof of permission to work in the UK before they commence work. Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH