Lecturer in Physician Associate Education Ref: 6466
School/department: Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Hours: part time hours considered up to 0.4 FTE (16 hours per week). Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £42,149 to £50,296 per annum, pro rata
Placed on: 31 August 2021
Closing date: 22 September 2021. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected start date: ASAP
- This is a part time role (0.4 FTE) that could sit alongside a clinical commitment. It will be based within the Department of Medical Education at BSMS located at the Watson Building, University of Brighton, Falmer campus. Some travel throughout the region to liaise with clinical placement sites may be involved.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Physician Associate educator to join our dynamic team. Applicants should have clinical experience as a PA in primary and/or secondary care.
- The post holder will have high-level responsibility for reviewing existing course materials and developing new and inclusive content and/or modules. They will help ensure that course content maps to the national curriculum requirements.
- The post holder may have clinical placement responsibilities, developing relationships with placement providers and increasing the number of placement sites. They would develop and support new initiatives, deliver lectures and develop assessment materials as part of their teaching portfolio. They will assist the course lead with course administrative requirements.
- The MSc in Physician Associate Studies is a highly successful programme that was established in 2016. Our students consistently perform well in the PA national examinations. The successful candidate will make an important and regular contribution to teaching on the Physician Associate MSc, which will be dependent on their clinical background.
Please contact Karen Roberts, email@example.com for informal enquiries.
The University is committed to equality and valuing diversity, and applications are particularly welcomed from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics (STEMM) at Sussex.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
This role may be eligible for sponsorship. If you require visa sponsorship from the University of Sussex to undertake this role please consult our Skilled Worker Visa information page for further information. If you want further advice on sponsorship eligibility please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk
How to apply
Download our academic application form [DOC 199.50KB] and Personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 110.00KB] and fill in all sections.
Email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.