Learning Mentor Ref 0093
School/department: Student Recruitment, Marketing and International Affairs
Hours: full time
Contract: fixed term until 30 August 2020
Salary: starting at £20,989 and rising to £24,285 per annum
Placed on: 29 August 2018
Closing date: 24 September 2018. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: 4 October 2018
Expected start date: 29 October 2018
The University of Sussex has developed a programme of activity with the Villiers Park Trust which fits into its new 'most able, least likely' strand of widening participation collaborative outreach work.
The post holder will:
- offer one to one mentoring to students in partner schools
- develop personalised and supportive relationships with groups of school pupils and college students with high academic potential from less advantaged backgrounds
- maximise the academic potential of young people, enabling them to gain access to a research intensive university or other centre of excellence
The post will be based in our partner schools, located in the Crawley area, and requires individuals with:
- good communication and organisation skills
- experience of presenting to and working with young people, either in a school or college setting
- the ability to deal effectively will people at a range of levels – including teachers, parents and carers.
- the ability to work flexible and unsocial hours including occasionally working weekends.
How to apply
Download our non-academic application form [DOC 183.00KB] and personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 162.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.