Laboratory Technician – Biosciences Teaching Laboratories Ref 7475
School: School of Life Sciences
Hours: Full time or part time up to a maximum of 36.5 hours per week. Staff asked to arrange their hours with their teams to provide cover between 08:00 and 18:00 each working day (Monday to Friday).
Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £22,254 to £25,627 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 13 December 2021
Closing date: 28 January 2022. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected start date: ASAP
The School of Life Sciences is at the forefront of research in the biological sciences in the UK, coming in the top 10 in the REF 2014.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hard working person to join a team of technicians supporting multiple teaching laboratories and field activities.
- The post requires a proactive approach, initiative, the ability to work both independently and as part of a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The post holder will be highly organised with a positive and flexible approach to work in order to deal with a variety of requests and tasks.
- It would be beneficial if the successful candidate had experience of providing a student focused service for the subjects of biomedical or biological sciences at undergraduate level.
- The post holder should be able to provide a consistently high level of background support to the other teaching technicians within the School.
- The role will include supporting all aspects of preparation and clearing of laboratory classes and fieldwork including setting up equipment, equipment fault finding, general servicing of equipment, preparation of reagents, maintaining stock levels and providing advice for students and support for academic staff during laboratory sessions.
Please contact Teaching Lab Supervisor, Kristy Flowers firstname.lastname@example.org for informal enquiries.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
"This role may be eligible for sponsorship. If you require visa sponsorship from the University of Sussex to undertake this role please consult our Skilled Worker Visa information page for further information. If you want further advice on sponsorship eligibility please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk "
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
You might also be interested in: