Knowledge Exchange Manager Ref 6593
School/department: School of Psychology
Hours: Full time or part time considered up to a maximum of 100% FTE
Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Contract: fixed term for 2 years
Salary: starting at £34,304 to £40,927 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 8 December 2021
Closing date: 14 January 2022 Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected start date: ASAP
The School of Psychology at the University of Sussex is seeking an experienced professional to lead on facilitating and monitoring both in-bound and pro-active engagement with their external stakeholders, which include alumni, community partners, NGOs, schools, local and national government, entrepreneurs, and business leaders.
The post requires a high level of customer service skills with the ability to build professional relationships with a range of clients and alumni, and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
You will have strong customer marketing skills with a proven track record of engaging customers, as well as nurturing and developing relationships and a demonstrable track record of marketing success in an international environment.
You will work with the Heads of School, the Director of Applied Behavioural Science (www.appliedbehaviouralscience.co.uk), and the relevant Heads of Professional Services to develop and implement the Knowledge Exchange Strategy in the school.
You will play a key role in engaging employers and community organisations in a wide range of high profile engagement activities across teaching, research, entrepreneurship, executive training and consultancy.
These activities will include:
- Working as a member of the School’s Engagement team, incorporating engagement portfolios, external relations and communications, international affairs and alumni.
- Establishing and managing a variety of employability and entrepreneurship initiatives (e.g., student and staff projects in partnership with external organisations).
- Overseeing activities related to sponsorship (e.g., business awards and events).
- Working collaboratively with relevant teams across the University to coordinate the management of employer contacts, and to share and learn from good practice.
- Maintaining relevant external communications media for Impact and Knowledge Exchange in the School.
This is a pivotal role within the School, with responsibility for:
- Development and management of relationships with key external collaborators, including identifying opportunities for consolidating and expanding the portfolio of engagement activities that build the value of these collaborations. This will include actively liaising with external representative bodies and networks.
- Development and coordination of External Engagement activities that support student employability and entrepreneurship, as well as broader knowledge exchange opportunities and alumni relations.
- Informing the development and implementation of the Schools’ strategies for External Engagement.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and credible communicator with a keen awareness of complex cross-sector partnerships and relationships, and proven high level project management and organisational skill.
Please contact the Director of Applied Behavioural Science, Professor Tom Ormerod (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Professional Services lead Marc Williams (email@example.com) for informal enquiries.
The University is committed to equality and valuing diversity, and applications are particularly welcomed from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics (STEMM) at Sussex.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
Visa Sponsorship Queries: If you require visa sponsorship from the University of Sussex to undertake this role, you can find further information on our Visa page or contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk to discuss your personal circumstances and whether you meet the criteria
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
- Download our terms and conditions summary for Administrative Staff and Other related faculty [PDF 12.54KB]