Head of School’s Coordinator Ref 2268
School/department: School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Hours: Part time hours considered up to a maximum of 0.8 FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £21,814 and rising to £25,217 per annum, pro rata
Placed on: 06 January 2020
Closing date: 31 January 2020. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: Week commencing 17 February 2020
Expected start date: ASAP after interview
Are you an experienced administrator, PA or secretary looking for a brand new challenge?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic and proactive professional to join the MPS administrative team.
In this multifaceted role you will be:
- Working closely with the Head of School and the School Administrator to provide the best support possible to our hardworking and engaged senior management team.
- Conceiving, planning and implementing a complete redesign of our internal communications, including internal webpages, newsletters. You will have complete editorial responsibility and a chance to make your mark on MPS staff/student communications.
- Working directly with students via the student rep scheme. Helping make their ideas become reality.
Specific key tasks will include:
- Support the Head of School and senior leadership team in arranging meetings, diary management and the preparation of supporting paperwork
- Supporting academic line managers with all elements of HR and recruitment processes, including induction, probation and appraisal
- Supporting the Head of School and senior leadership team on a range of projects
- Responsibility for internal webpages and communications
- Co-ordinating the publication of School information and organisation of School events
- Gathering and maintaining a comprehensive set of school records, including staff and student data and documentation
The successful candidate will be dynamic, versatile and outgoing, with excellent communication skills and confidence with IT. They will have experience in diary management and PA work or internal communications.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.