Head of School’s Coordinator Ref 2268
School/department: School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Hours: Part time hours considered up to a maximum of 0.8 FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Contract: fixed term for 24 months
Salary: starting at £21,814 and rising to £25,217 per annum, pro rata
Placed on: 30 September 2019
Closing date: 25 October 2019. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: Week commencing 11 November 2019
Expected start date: ASAP after interview
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and professional administrator to support the Head of School and the senior management team.
As Head of School’s Coordinator you will be working closely with the Head of School and the School Administrator as well as other professional services and academic staff.
Your role will be varied and will present new challenges every day. You will need to be highly organised and yet flexible, responsive and able to use your initiative.
Your key tasks will include:
- Support the Head of School and senior leadership team in arranging meetings, diary management and the preparation of supporting paperwork
- Supporting academic line managers with all elements of HR and recruitment processes, including induction, probation and appraisal
- Supporting the Head of School and senior leadership team on a range of projects
- Having complete editorial responsibility for internal webpages, including a redesign of the current structure and updating content.
- Co-ordinating the publication of School information and organisation of School events
- Gathering and maintaining a comprehensive set of school records, including staff and student data and documentation
The successful candidate will be dynamic, versatile and outgoing, with excellent communication skills and confidence with IT. They will have experience in diary management and PA work and ideally will also have experience of finance systems, although training will be given in using the University systems.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.