Head of Health Research Partnership/Joint Clinical Research Office Ref: 8991
School/department: Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Hours: full time hours considered up to a maximum of 1.0 FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £53,353 to £61,823 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 22 July 2022
Closing date: 15 September 2022. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: TBC
Expected start date: TBC
- An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead the health research infrastructure across Brighton &Sussex Medical School (BSMS) and its partners as Head of the Health Research Partnership (HRP)/ Joint Clinical Research Office (JCRO). The post holder will provide operational leadership across several aspects of health research infrastructure including the Health Research Partnerships and Joint Clinical Research Office working closely with the Academic Director for HRP and Director of the Brighton & Sussex Clinical Trials Unit (BSCTU).
- The postholder will have working knowledge and experience of managing research governance and delivery across NHS settings and Universities as well as understanding the funding environment, drivers and strategic opportunities within both environments.
- The HRP is a new initiative which will enhance and improve health research infrastructure between academic and clinical partners. The post holder will have experience of working at a senior level and has been involved in leadership across multiple organisations, with advanced communication skills in negotiation and change within a research environment. Experience of organisational change initiatives and working within an NHS/Academic environment would be desirable.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
- Download our terms and conditions summary for Administrative Staff and Other related faculty [PDF 12.54KB]