Head of Employee Policy and Relations Ref 9253
School/department: Human Resources
Hours: Full Time hours up to a maximum of 1 FTE / 37.5 hours
Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £53,353 to £61,823 per annum.
Placed on: 29th July 2022
Closing date: 17th August 2022 Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: To be confirmed
Expected start date: To be confirmed
We are entering an exciting period at the University of Sussex, with a new Vice Chancellor, Sasha Roseneil, and a revamped Human Resources Executive team. We are in the process of positioning ourselves to provide the very best employee experience for all our colleagues and we are seeking an experienced Employee Relations and Policy professional to join us on the HR Exec team. We are looking for an evidenced track record of:
- Driving successful Employment Policy change, establishment and implementation
- Acting as subject matter expert and trusted advisor to the senior leadership team, on best practice within the sector and employment legislation;
- Working with trade unions and other stakeholders, fostering relationships to enable timely, jointly agreed policy change
- Supporting the achievement of all organisational change priorities;
- Building methodologies and capability for conducting employment legislation impact assessments;
- Overseeing and providing structural integrity for performance management,
- Providing HR advice and guidance and formal casework management.
Please contact Melanie Bywell, email@example.com or informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
- Download our terms and conditions summary for Administrative Staff and Other related faculty [PDF 12.54KB]