Graduate Associate (Employer Engagement Team) Ref 8633
School/department: Careers and Entrepreneurship, Student Experience Division
Hours: Full time hours considered up to 36.5 hours per week. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Contract: Fixed term for 13 months
Salary: starting at £19,623
Placed on: 09 June 2022
Closing date: 24 June 2022
Expected Interview date: to be confirmed
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This vacancy is only open to University of Sussex graduates from 2021/22 both UG and PGT from any discipline
Careers and Entrepreneurship is looking to recruit a Graduate Associate to work in the University’s busy employer engagement team. The post holder will:
- Administrate our CareerHub vacancy portal, liaising with employers to ensure we provide a comprehensive vacancy listing
- Support C&E events and fairs including events administration and attending in-person and virtual activities
- Contribute to the successful delivery of the Career Lab programme for underrepresented students, including maintaining opportunity listings on CareerHub
- Provide administrative support to the wider team
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and attention to detail, experience of handling large volumes of tasks within defined timescales, and the ability to plan and organise their work. Applicants should be a graduate from any undergraduate course at the University of Sussex in 2021 or 2022, or any postgraduate course in 2020 or 2021.
This vacancy is part of the Sussex Graduate Associate Programme which offers work on campus with a professional services department. Develop your employability skills through genuine and meaningful work experience.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
Please see the CareerHub for the job description and further details on how to apply. Please ensure you include the reference number of the advert on your application.