Graduate Sustainability Research and Analysis Internship Ref 3826
School/department: University Wide Sustainability Team /Estates and Facilities Management
Hours: Full time. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Contract: Fixed term for 13 months
Salary: Starting at £19,133
Placed on: 24 September 2020
Closing date: 12 October 2020. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: TBC
Expected start date:as soon as possible
This vacancy is open to University of Sussex graduates 2019 or 2020 (UG and PGT) in any discipline.
The newly founded university wide sustainability team is looking to recruit a research and analysis intern to support the sustainability manager to develop a comprehensive and transformative sustainability strategy for the University of Sussex. The post holder will:
- Assist with analysing the existing environmental performance of the university – including helping to gather and interpret data for benchmarking exercises
- Research good practice in terms of improving the sustainability of the university – seeing what we can learn from other institutions and sectors
- Support the sustainability manager to develop policies and procedures for making the university as green as possible in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Provide a range of administrative and project support functions to help the team produce and begin to deliver a sustainability strategy.
- Help improve sustainability within the universities supply chain through supporting the evolution of an ethical procurement policy and improved contract management.
The successful candidate will be creative and outgoing with: excellent research and communication skills; experience of handling large volumes of work within defined timescales: excellent attention to detail and the ability to plan and organise their work.
Applicants should be a graduate from any undergraduate or taught postgraduate course at the University of Sussex course in 2019 or 2020.
This vacancy is part of the Sussex Graduate Programme, which offers work on campus with a professional services department. Develop your employability skills through genuine and meaningful work experience.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Please note that the University of Sussex is unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position, and thus any applicant should ensure that they have the legal right to work in the UK for the period of the post. The University of Sussex requires all successful applicants to provide proof of permission to work in the UK before they commence work. Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website.
How to apply
Please see the CareerHub for the job description and further details on how to apply.