External Engagement Manager Ref 2539
School/department: University of Sussex Business School
Hours: Full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 1 FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: Starting at £33,797 and rising to £40,322 per annum
Placed on: 19 November 2019
Closing date: 16 January 2020. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: Week commencing 27 January 2020
Expected start date: As soon as possible
The University of Sussex Business School is seeking an experienced professional to lead on facilitating and monitoring both in-bound and pro-active engagement with its external stakeholders, which include alumni, entrepreneurs, business leaders and community partners.
The post requires a high level of customer service skills with the ability to build professional relationships with a range of clients and alumni, and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
The External Engagement Manager will need to demonstrate strong customer marketing skills with a proven track record of engaging customers, as well as nurturing and developing relationships and a demonstrable track record of marketing success in an international environment.
The External Engagement Manager will work with the Dean, Associate Dean of Engagement, and the Head of Professional Service to develop and implement the External Engagement Strategy within the broader Engagement strategy.
The External Engagement Manager will play a key role in engaging employers and community organisations in a wide range of high profile engagement activities across teaching, research, entrepreneurship, executive training and consultancy.
These activities will include:
- Working as a member of the School’s Engagement team, incorporating departmental engagement portfolios, external relations and communications, international affairs and alumni.
- Establishing and managing a variety of employability and entrepreneurship initiatives (e.g. student projects in partnership with external organisations).
- Overseeing activities related to sponsorship (e.g., business awards and events).
- Working collaboratively with relevant teams across the University to coordinate the management of employer contacts, and to share and learn from good practice.
This is a pivotal role within the School, with responsibility for:
- Development and management of relationships with key external collaborators, including identifying opportunities for consolidating and expanding the portfolio of engagement activities that build the value of these collaborations. This will include actively liaising with external representative bodies and networks.
- Development and coordination of External Engagement activities that support student employability and entrepreneurship, as well as broader knowledge exchange opportunities and alumni relations.
- Informing the development and implementation of the School’s strategy for External Engagement linked to the Engagement strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and credible communicator with a keen awareness of complex cross-sector partnerships and relationships, and proven high level project management and organisational skills.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.