Enterprise Programmes Advisor Ref: 6318
Department: Innovation and Business Partnerships Team, Research and Enterprise Division
Hours: Full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 36.5 hours per week. Requests for flexible working options will be considered.
Salary: starting at £26,341 to £30,497 per annum, pro rata if part-time
Placed on: 21 September 2021
Closing date:13 October 2021. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: TBC
Expected start date: ASAP
This vacancy is only open to those currently employed by the university.
Applications are invited for this exciting and stimulating role within the busy Innovation and Business Partnerships Team in the Research and Enterprise Division. You’ll join a small, highly motivated strategic team growing and diversifying the University’s R&D enterprise portfolio and maximizing its knowledge-based income from businesses and the public sector.
The post holder will provide programme and project support to the team managing the University’s innovation portfolio and will be required to work on their own initiative to generate new commercial leads, support academics to engage with businesses and the public sector and support the smooth running of the central team.
The work will involve:
- Supporting all aspects of academic-business collaborations with a wide range of partners
- Dealing with new external enquiries for R&D help (especially via the “Collaborate” portal on the University’s website) – brokering new relationships between external R&D ‘customers’ and relevant academic and professional colleagues across the University
- Building strong customer relations with a wide variety of University stakeholders and customers at all levels of seniority within their organisations
- Representing the University’s innovation services at regional business fora
- Maintaining the smooth running of the team’s office systems and processes
- Day-to-day support for the University’s Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (academic secondments to businesses to develop new innovations) and RISE programme (EU funded programme to broker innovation services to SMEs)
- Preparing regular and timely management reports for Knowledge Exchange activity across the University and organising and managing key internal and external/collaborative events
Careful attention to detail, a methodical approach, good organisational abilities and an ability to build strong, credible relationships with a wide range of people are essential for this post. Excellent numeracy skills with some experience of budget and project management are also required, as is the ability to express yourself clearly and succinctly in writing. The ability to manage and prioritise work from multiple sources and to function both as part of a team and independently will be a day-to-day requirement of this post.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
This role may be eligible for sponsorship. If you require visa sponsorship from the University of Sussex to undertake this role please consult our Skilled Worker Visa information page for further information. If you want further advice on sponsorship eligibility please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.