Deputy Pro-Vice Chancellor for Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Ref: C114
Hours: 0.5 FTE
Contract: Fixed term of 3 years, renewable by a mutual agreement for a further 3 years.
Placed on: 20 February 2020
Closing date: 29 March 2020. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: 12 May 2020
Expected start date: To be discussed
This vacancy is only open to those currently working at the University.
This is a senior role reporting to the Vice-Chancellor, created to provide dedicated leadership to the development and delivery of the University's Equality and Diversity strategy.
Under the delegated authority of the Vice-Chancellor, the role holder will work closely with all parts of the University, including the Executive, Schools, Professional Services and the Students' Union and student body, fostering individual and collective contribution, in the promotion and advancement of equality and diversity at Sussex.
The role holder will combine the Deputy Pro-Vice-ChanceIlorship with an academic post, on a 50/50 basis.
The key responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
1. To work with the Vice-Chancellor and other colleagues in implementing and promoting an Equality and Diversity strategy for Sussex which fosters an inclusive and positive environment for students, staff and visitors.
- Lead the development of specific equality and diversity related projects and events to support the delivery of the strategic plan.
- Lead the University's work in achieving external charter marks for equality and diversity,
- e.g. Athena SWAN, Stonewall and Race Equality, establishing a framework for measuring the University's effectiveness in advancing equality and diversity
- Establish and lead a University wide network of Diversity and Respect Champions to advance and promote equality across the institution.
- Enhance the University's participation in external equality and diversity events and recommend ways in which Sussex can help to shape the regional, national and international agendas.
- Ensure that an equality and diversity perspective is provided to key institutional projects.
- 7. Undertake other duties as agreed with the Vice-Chancellor.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for the role, you should submit a two page letter of application in 11 point, plus a summary Curriculum Vitae (no more than 4 sides), outlining the key facts and information about yourself; what you will bring to the role; why you are the right person for it; and your initial ideas about how Sussex should move forward.
Email your completed application to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.