Demand Manager Ref 8050
School/department: IT Services
Hours: Full time
Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £42,149 to £50,296 per annum
Placed on: 13 May 2022
Closing date: 23 May 2022 (extended closing date). Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: To be confirmed
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Led by an award-winning Chief Digital Transformation Officer and inspirational leadership team, we are now embarking on an ambitious programme of transformational change. Over the coming years, this digital transition will be an ever-developing programme supported by senior stakeholders both financially and strategically. Put simply, whilst we are already a highly successful organisation and business, the University will be a very different world in years to come and achieve levels of performance and digital delivery as yet unseen in the sector. All of this is underpinned by major construction and estate renewal, an exciting programme of work to add thousands of accommodation spaces, and a network replacement project to install the latest digital infrastructure as part of the journey towards a fully data-enabled organisation.
We are moving to an agile world and need to take the organisation on the same journey; to be sector leading and to deliver a model of digital delivery fit for the coming years. As this programme gains momentum, we need more people to join us as we unpick our challenges and legacy systems and move towards meeting our potential.
A critical part of this is the modernisation and replacement of our legacy networks, including major civils to replace physical infrastructure, our Cyber Security Plus programme, and moving our data centres to the cloud. Reporting into the Assistant Director – Digital Engagement, the Demand Manager, will be a key member of the IT Services Team and play a crucial role in reviewing and shaping the incoming demand for work items within the department, ensuring they are clear, well understood and timely. In this role you will be expected to:
- Play a driving role in the set up, design, implementation and continual improvement of the demand management process.
- Work with senior colleagues throughout IT Services and the wider University community to ensure incoming work is understood, processed and communicated effectively.
- Work across several areas at any one time, influencing multiple partners and collaborating effectively to ensure the right work is prioritised
- Work alongside the Sussex Projects Team to understand the demand on ITS resources, liaising and negotiating with resource managers within ITS.
- Effectively manage the Business Partners and work to engage all levels of stakeholders in the business to understand the dependencies and impact of change.
- Chair and run the Demand Management Forum for the department
- Diagnose issues, scope requirements and develop substantive plans to address issues and provide oversight of delivery.
- Lead, manage and promote the creation of high-quality outputs in the Digital Engagement Team, engendering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work in partnership with other key stakeholders to ensure seamless service.
Not only do we offer flexible and remote working, a vibrant atmosphere, use of our incredible facilities, benefits, and an amazing pension; but we are offering the opportunity to be part of a transformation that will see us set the benchmark for a model of digital delivery in the HE sector.
For further information please visit https://executive.global-resourcing.com/sussex/ Please contact Tom King/Lawrence Harris at Global Resourcing: US@global-resourcing.com / 020 8253 1806 for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
Please Visit https://www.global-resourcing.com/executive/sussex/role9.html for details of how to apply.
- Download our terms and conditions summary for Administrative Staff and Other related faculty [PDF 12.54KB]
You might also be interested in: