Course Coordinator (Postgraduate & Student Progress) Ref 2269
School/department: School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Hours: Part time hours considered up to a maximum of 0.6 FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Contract: fixed term for 12 months
Salary: starting at £21,814 and rising to £25,217 per annum, pro rata
Placed on: 30 September 2019
Closing date: 25 October 2019. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: Week commencing 11 November 2019
Expected start date: ASAP after interview
We are seeking to appoint a Course Coordinator for the School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, to work in a dual role with both the postgraduate masters courses, and the progress of students both undergraduate and postgraduate This is an exciting opportunity to work in a busy, friendly and vibrant unit that aims to provide a top quality student experience. The successful candidate will be helpful and enthusiastic as well as being able to demonstrate excellent organisational, customer service and team work skills.
Duties will include:
- supporting MSc lecturers in the delivery of their courses;
- Co-ordinating the teaching and assessment of MSc students;
- assisting students with admissions enquiries and induction;
- acting as Secretary to the postgraduate Exam Board and assisting in the School examination processes;
- supporting engagement monitoring procedures for all students in the School;
- providing administrative support for School engagement committees;
- maintaining course handbooks and web-sites to a high standard.
- Organising events from large meetings to small conferences
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.