Commercial Contracts Manager (Estates and Facilities) Ref 0054
School/department: Finance Division
Hours: Full time
Contract: Fixed term for 2 years
Salary: Starting at £40,792 and rising to £48,677 per annum
Placed on: 11 september 2018
Closing date: 2 October 2018. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
As part of the continued growth and drive for excellence, the University is seeking an experienced commercial contracting professional, specialising in the area of Estates and Facilities, to form part of a crucial procurement and commercial team within this unique environment.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement & Commercial Services, the successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement a robust procurement and category management plan in the areas of Estates and Facilities Management;
- Provide practical procurement guidance (including OJEU);
- Support the relevant University teams to deliver a range of crucial services;
- Plan, lead and conduct a range of significant procurement tender exercises on behalf of the University;
- Ensure the robust management and ownership of supplier contracts;
- Engage with relevant suppliers and undertake sophisticated category management as required;
- Analyse historic spend data with a view to generating more efficient ways of working;
- Review existing procurement frameworks and suppliers to support a drive for continuous improvement;
- Work with high level stakeholders to support skills development within contracting and procurement activities.
This crucial role will be working closely with the Head of Procurement and Commercial Services and senior University stakeholders, particularly the Director of Estates and Facilities Management as a key appointment. You will play a vital role in delivering value-for-money, strong long-term relationships, excellent buying decisions and minimised risk.
The University is a large and constantly developing business, highly complex and hugely rewarding in an enviable setting. This is rare opportunity for an exceptional candidate to determine the evolution of a key function within our business. This rewarding, fast-paced and complex position, will provide challenge and diversity in abundance.
The University of Sussex is a dynamic, innovative, top 20 university. With a campus based in the South Downs National Park but just a few minutes from the city of Brighton and Hove, it provides an excellent working environment in a remarkable setting, combined with all that the city has to offer.
Creative thinking, intellectual challenge and collaborative working are fundamental to a Sussex education and that is reflected in our workplace too. So this is an exciting chance to join a team working at the centre of the University, with a genuine opportunity for career progression.
How to apply
Download our non-academic application form [DOC 183.00KB] and personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 162.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.