Clinical Teaching Fellow in Medical Education (Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics) Ref 5417
School/department: Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Hours: Full time or part time hours considered up to 1FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Contract: fixed term for 1 year
Placed on: 26 March 2021
Closing date: 26 April 2021. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected start date: 6 October 2021
- Applications are invited for a Teaching Fellow in Medical Education (Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics) at Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS).
- This exciting new post has been approved by Health Education, Kent, Surrey and Sussex (HEKSS) as an OOPE (out of programme experience) or secondment for 12 months commencing on 06 October 2021.
- The post will be based within the Department of Medical Education at BSMS located at Watson Building, University of Brighton, Falmer campus.
- The post will be supervised by Dr Michael Okorie, Clinical Pharmacologist and Senior Lecturer in Medicine and Medical Education, BSMS.
- The principal responsibility is to support and help develop the teaching in pharmacology and therapeutics at BSMS. It is expected that the post holder will undertake clinical pharmacology education or related research for approximately one day per week. There is also an opportunity for the post holder to acquire an educational qualification.
- There are no fixed clinical commitments.
Please contact Dr Michael Okorie; email@example.com for informal enquiries.
The University is committed to equality and valuing diversity, and applications are particularly welcomed from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics (STEMM) at Sussex.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Visa Sponsorship Queries If you require visa sponsorship from the University of Sussex to undertake this role, you can find further information on our Visa page or contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk to discuss your personal circumstances and whether you meet the criteria.
How to apply
Email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.