Business Engagement Manager Ref 0431
School/department: University of Sussex Business School
Hours: full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 1.0 FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £33,199 and rising to £39,609 per annum
Placed on: 8 January 2019
Closing date: 31 January 2019. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: 15 February 2019
The University of Sussex Business School is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Business Engagement professional to take on this exciting role. The Business Engagement Manager will play a lead role in supporting the Dean, School Manager and Associate Dean of Engagement to develop and implement the Business Engagement strategy within the broader Engagement strategy for the School.
The Business Engagement Manager will play a key role in engaging employers in a wide range of high profile activities across teaching, research, and executive training and consultancy.
These activities will include:
- Establishing and managing a variety of student projects in partnership with external organisations.
- Working collaboratively with other relevant teams across the University to coordinate the management of employer contacts, and to share and learn from good practice
- Working closely with the School’s wider Engagement team, incorporating placements; external communications; international affairs and alumni.
This is a pivotal role within the School, with responsibility for:
- Development and coordination of Business Engagement activities that support both student employability and knowledge exchange
- Informing the development and implementation of the School’s strategy for Business Engagement linked to the wider Engagement strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and credible communicator with a keen awareness of complex cross-sector partnerships and relationships, and proven high level project management and organisational skills.
How to apply
Download our non-academic application form [DOC 183.00KB] and personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 162.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.