Brighton and Sussex Health Research Partnership (BS HRP) Co-ordinator Ref 6825
School/department: BSMS Joint Clinical Research Office (JCRO)
Hours: Full time 36.5 Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Contract: fixed term until December 2025
Salary: starting at £26,341 to £30,497 per annum
Placed on: 28 October 2021
Closing date: 26 November 2021. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected start date: tbc
This vacancy is only open to those currently employed by the university.
A new post has arisen for a coordinator to support the newly formed and developing HRP. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new partnership based at Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) and working with Academic and NHS partners across Sussex.
Purpose of the post:
- Provide high quality administrative and project support to meet the needs of the Health Research Partnership to ensure that the strategic aims are achieved.
- The post will support the Executive group who are responsible for the strategic management of the HRP and who oversee the day to day activities of the HRP.
- The post will support the work of the four workstreams: Infrastructure, Academic Groups, Finance and Capacity & Training as well as the Head of the JCRO, CTU Director and a senior academic from within BSMS.
- The Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the overall operational effectiveness and implementation of HRP.
The purpose of establishing BSHRP is to
- co-ordinate infrastructure to support health research across the partnership (University of Sussex/BSMS, University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (UHSx), Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SPFT) and the University of Brighton
- to increase the amount and quality of large scale, clinical trials and other health research programmes.
The University is committed to equality and valuing diversity, and applications are particularly welcomed from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics (STEMM) at Sussex.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
This role may be eligible for sponsorship. If you require visa sponsorship from the University of Sussex to undertake this role please consult our Skilled Worker Visa information page for further information. If you want further advice on sponsorship eligibility please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.