Assistant Governance and Compliance Manager Ref 9150
School/department: General Counsel, Governance and Compliance
Hours: Full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 36.5 hours per week.
Salary: starting at £31,411 to £35,333 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 02 August 2022
Closing date: 09 August 2022. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: To be confirmed
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This vacancy is only open to those currently employed by the University
The General Counsel, Governance and Compliance Division is seeking to appoint a Assistant Governance and Compliance Manager to work as part of a shared-service team supporting a suite of high-quality secretariat and compliance services.
The successful candidate will require excellent organisational skills and will be able to demonstrate that they that they can managing a complex work portfolio engaging a range of stakeholders to meet expectations and non-negotiable deadlines.
The post-holder will support key processes in the remit of governance, compliance, internationalisation, and due diligence. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as a liaison point for governance advice and support, supporting colleagues to navigate the governance structure, to understand the required business standard and working practices for committee work.
- Supporting the delivery of key governance functions to ensure the effective operation of management and governance structures.
- Acting as a liaison point for sanctions and due diligence guidance and support, establishing a high quality report expectation and quality assurance processes to support the division’s risk management processes.
- Line managing the graduate associates, working with the Head of Governance Services, support their induction, training and work allocations.
- Building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
This post will require significant flexibility and the need to adapt quickly and effectively to changing environments. The fast paced and often demanding nature of the role will require a person with strong personal resilience.
Please contact Sally Priddle, Head of Governance Services and Deputy University Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.