Alumni Relations Coordinator Ref 8627
School/department: Development and Alumni Relations
Hours: Full time / 36.5 hours. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £26,341 rising to £30,497 per annum, pro rata.
Placed on: 24 May 2022
Closing date: 23 June 2022. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: TBC
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, personable communicator to work in a creative and varied role within the University of Sussex’s Development & Alumni Relations team.
In additional to excellent communication skills, we are looking for someone who has experience of working with volunteers, creative flair and a keen eye for detail, and is a committed team player. Our friendly, professional team is seeking someone who will:
- Develop and deliver creative communication campaigns to promote engagement initiatives and volunteer programmes to alumni, staff and students.
- Create engaging content for use across multiple alumni channels.
- Work with colleagues in the team to manage our alumni volunteer programmes and increase the number of active volunteers, in strategic priority areas.
- Work alongside colleagues in the Communications Marketing & Advancement Division, the Careers and Entrepreneurship Centre, and within our Schools to enhance our volunteering programmes, campaigns and events and achieve good participation levels.
This comes at an exciting time as we celebrate our 60th anniversary year with a range of unique events for our global alumni community, and get ready to welcome a new Vice Chancellor.
The role offers a great opportunity to develop a career within communications, alumni relations and volunteer management, particularly within a Higher Education context.
Please contact Sally Atkinson, Alumni Relations Manager, at email@example.com for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
You might also be interested in: