Administrative Assistant (External Examiners) Ref: 5200
School/department: Academic Development and Quality Enhancement, Division for the Student Experience
Hours: Full time considered up to a maximum of 36.5 hours per week (1FTE). Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: Starting at £21,814 to £25,217 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 08 January 2021
Closing date: 21 January 2021. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: TBC
Expected start date:TBC
- The University of Sussex is seeking to appoint a skilled professional administrator to join the University’s Academic Development and Quality Enhancement Team.
- This role involves supporting the administrative processes for the appointment, induction, training and payment of external examiners – key external colleagues who oversee the University’s assessment processes.
- The post holder will be the main contact for our external examiners and for staff across the University, providing advice and guidance on processes and policies related to external examiners.
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a specialist team committed to delivering a high quality service for our staff, students and our external partners.
- This role would suit an experienced administrator or someone looking to develop a career in University administration. Some administrative experience is essential as well as the ability to work as part of a dynamic and service-oriented team.
Please contact Carmel Oxley-King, Academic Development and Quality Enhancement Manager (Academic Standards) email@example.com for informal enquiries.
All grades 1-5. Please note that the University of Sussex is unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position, and thus any applicant should ensure that they have the legal right to work in the UK for the period of the post. The University of Sussex requires all successful applicants to provide proof of permission to work in the UK before they commence work. Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.