Code First Girls - Volunteer coding instructors needed this Autumn Term
Code First Girls (CFG) are dedicated to transforming technology by providing the skills, space and inspiration for women to become developers and future leaders. They run free online coding courses to help women kick-start their career in tech.
In collaboration with the Careers and Employability Centre, CFG are running Introduction to Web Development and Introduction to Python Programming courses at the University of Sussex this Autumn Term, and they need your help!
If yes, you can build your CV and gain invaluable experience by signing up to become a CFG instructor. There is no lesson planning or homework marking involved, and the course materials have already been created; we just ask you to bring your enthusiasm to each session to inspire more women to explore a career in tech!
Sign up to be an instructor today and please include that you are affiliated with the University of Sussex in your application.
Please note both courses will be delivered virtually via Zoom.
CFG courses run for eight weeks, one evening a week.
Introduction to Web Development
- An introduction to web development for budding coders, and those who need somewhere to get started!
- At the end of the course, they will be able to build a website from scratch!
- Tuesday 13 October - Tuesday 1 December, 6.30-8.30 pm
Introduction to Python Programming
- A beginner-friendly course to help students learn the fundamentals of programming through problem-solving in Python
- Students will build and deploy their first web application using this high-level programming language!
- By the end of the eight-week course, students will be able to successfully demonstrate their understanding of Python programming
- Thursday 15 October - Thursday 3 December, 6.30-8.30 pm
Please get in touch with Chloe Jacob with any questions.