Vice-Chancellor's Executive Group (VCEG)
The Vice-Chancellor's Executive Group was established in January 2006. It has the following composition:
- Vice-Chancellor (chair)
- Deputy-Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice Chancellor (Teaching and Learning)
- Pro-Vice Chancellor (Research)
- Pro-Vice Chancellor (International)
- Registrar & Secretary
- Director of Finance
- Director of Human Resources
The Office of Governance and Secretariat support the group which meets weekly, usually on a Monday.
The role of the Executive group is:
- to advise the Vice-Chancellor on a day to day basis;
- to "steer" the University by being the first port of call for regular, collective consideration of major items of current and forthcoming institutional business as they arise and for preparing the ground for work done through the formal channels of University decision-making - such as Senate and Council and other principal bodies of the University;
- to provide a formal management link between members of the Executive and the Heads of Schools and heads of the Professional Services.