Portfolio and periodic review for 2012
The University undertook a process of portfolio review of its programmes in readiness for the academic year 2012-13.
As part of that process this page provided links to some internal and external resources to help staff working through the review process, including guidance on learning outcomes for course and module design (then known as programme and course design).
If you are working on designing a course you will find these resources helpful:
- Ideas and guidance pages on module design.
- Ideas and guidance pages on learning outcomes.
- Collection of web links on the topic of curriculum.
- Background on models/theories of learning which underpin good curriculum design, such as constructive alignment and John Biggs' SOLO taxonomy.
- Ideas and guidance on assessment and feedback including designing assessment
For programme planning it might be particularly useful to look at: