Portfolio and periodic review for 2012
The University is undertaking a process of portfolio review of its programmes in readiness for the academic year 2012-13.
This page will direct you to some internal and external resources that will help you as you go through the review process. Links on the left will take you to guidance on using the Curriculum Planning system (CPT) and on learning outcomes for programme and course design.
If you are working on designing a course you will find these resources helpful:
- Ideas and guidance pages on course design.
- Ideas and guidance pages on learning outcomes.
- Collection of web links on the topic of curriculum.
- Background on models/theories of learning which underpin good curriculum design, such as constructive alignment and John Biggs' SOLO taxonomy.
- Ideas and guidance on assessment and feedback including designing assessment
For programme planning it might be particularly useful to look at:
- QAA Guidance for Preparing Programme Specifications
- QAA Framework for Higher Education Qualifications
- QAA Subject Benchmarks statements
- web links on graduate attributes/qualities
- web links on employability
- TLDU web pages on internationalisation