Sussex offers English language and academic preparation for international students studying for Masters courses (MA or MSc). These Pre- Masters courses are designed to help you develop your academic and language skills so that when you start your Masters course you are fully prepared and have appropriate language skills to study at Masters level in the UK Higher Education system. Some modules combine this preparation with subject study.
Pre-Masters (English language)
This course has been designed for international students who:
- already meet the academic requirements for their chosen postgraduate degree
- need to improve their level of English to meet the language requirements of their chosen postgraduate degree.
Refer to Pre-Masters (English language).
Pre-Masters (International Study Centre)
This course has been designed for international students from a variety of backgrounds who:
- need to enhance their academic background
- require additional English-language training
- need help adjusting to the UK academic environment or are unsure about the level of their study skills, and/or
- want to refresh their knowledge in their chosen academic subject area.
Refer to Pre-Masters (International Study Centre).