Sussex offers English language and academic preparation for international students studying for Masters courses. These Pre-sessional and Pre-Masters courses are designed to help you develop your academic and language skills so that when you start your Masters course you are fully prepared and have appropriate language skills to study at Masters level in the UK Higher Education system. Some modules combine this preparation with subject study.
Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (at the Sussex Centre for Language Studies)
This course has been designed for international students who:
- already meet the academic requirements for their chosen postgraduate degree
- need to improve their level of English to meet the language requirements of their chosen postgraduate degree.
Pre-Masters (at the International Study Centre)
This course has been designed for international students from a variety of backgrounds who:
- need to enhance their academic skills
- require additional English-language training
- need help adjusting to the UK academic environment or are unsure about the level of their study skills, and/or
- want to refresh their knowledge in their chosen academic subject area.