Sussex offers English language and academic preparation for international students studying for Masters courses (MA or MSc). These Pre-Masters courses are designed to help you develop your academic and language skills so that when you start your Masters course you are fully prepared, have appropriate language skills, and are ready to study at Masters level in the UK Higher Education system. Some modules combine this preparation with subject study.
Pre-Masters (English language)
This course has been designed for international students who:
- have already graduated in their own country
- need to improve their level of English for postgraduate study at the University of Sussex (or elsewhere in the UK).
Refer to Pre-Masters (English language).
Pre-Masters (International Study Centre)
This course has been designed for international students from a variety of backgrounds who:
- require additional English-language training
- need to enhance their academic background
- need help adjusting to the UK academic environment or are unsure about the level of their study skills, and/or
- want to refresh their knowledge in their chosen academic subject area.
Refer to Pre-Masters (International Study Centre).