Institutions of Aid
Module code: L2149
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Workshop
Assessment modes: Portfolio
In this module, you study the changing relationships between the different organisations involved in international aid and development.
You look at Millennium Development Goals and international agreements concerning aid and discover the complex and changing range of organisations and their histories, aims and incentives.
You'll study organisations including:
- the multilateral development banks and the United Nations agencies
- official bilateral agencies, including so called 'emerging' donors
- the widening range of private and nongovernmental actors.
Module learning outcomes
- Knowledge of the history, structure and functioning of a range of institutions involved in the delivery of aid
- An understanding of the connections and relationships between these institutions
- An ability to critically debate contemporary challenges to the delivery of aid