Engineering and design
Real Time Embedded Systems
Module code: 829H1
Level 7 (Masters)
15 credits in autumn semester
Teaching method: Laboratory
Assessment modes: Coursework
The module covers:
- microcontroller-based real-time systems
- architectures and structures
- task structures and synchronisation
- real-time, deterministic applications
- multitasking management
- communications between tasks
- examples of 8-bit and 16-bit controllers
- examples and case study of CAN/FlexRay/TTP.
Module learning outcomes
- Systematically understand the principles of real time embedded systems.
- Capable of proficiently programming on a commonly used microcontroller on real-time problems.
- Able to comment upon different microcontroller and microprocessor based real-time systems.
- Systematic understanding of the design and operation of different architectures, structures and management of real-time embedded systems.