Engineering and design
Module code: H6058
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Laboratory, Workshop, Lecture
Assessment modes: Unseen examination, Coursework
Topics covered by this module will include:
- magnetic fields of currents and coils
- magnetic materials
- magnetic circuits
- induced EMF
- magnetic forces, permanent magnets and electromagnets
- moving-coil devices
- DC motors and AC machines
- 3-phase systems.
Electrical Circuits & Devices
Engineering Maths 1A
Module learning outcomes
- Demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, theories and principles of their engineering discipline, and its underpinning science and mathematics.
- Apply appropriate quantitative science and engineering tools to the analysis of problems.
- Possess practical engineering skills acquired through, for example, work carried out in laboratories and workshops, in industry through supervised work experience, in individual and group project work, in design work and in the development and use of computer software in design, analysis and control.
- Have developed transferable skills that will be of value in a wide range of situations. These are exemplified by the QCA Higher Level Key Skills and include problem solving, communication, and working with others, as well as the effective use of general IT facilities and information retrieval skills.