Sound Design in Context
Module code: W3094
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar
Assessment modes: Coursework
You engage with the fundamental principles of sound creation and manipulation. You do this through exploration of sound design practices in a range of contexts including game sound, virtual reality and other interactive media, film, TV, radio, theatre, and live sound applications.
By examining the work of influential sound design practitioners we support you in practical exploration of sound design methodologies and techniques. This includes:
- field recording
- multichannel spacialisation
- the manipulation of sound recordings using DAWs and analogue recording devices to achieve a desired aesthetic.
Module learning outcomes
- Critically engage with sound design principles and methodologies in a range of contexts.
- Evaluate the efficacy of sound design methodologies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical context of sound design.
- Create effective sound design to a set brief.