Module code: C1019
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Class
Assessment modes: Coursework
The module covers the full breadth of evolutionary biology.
Subjects will include:
- the fate of individual mutations in populations
- sexual selection
- the evolution of altruism and of sex
- the process of speciation.
Throughout this module, you will develop an understanding of the central concepts of evolutionary biology.
Module learning outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of scientific enquiry as applied to evolutionary biology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the major concepts of evolutionary biology
- Apply these concepts to novel observations or data.
- Problem solving time management; motivation and independent learning.