Business and management studies
Accounting Information Systems
Module code: N1550
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar
Assessment modes: Coursework, Unseen examination
You study accounting information systems, and cover three specific areas:
- the role of accounting systems in the context of business processes, transaction cycles, and internal controls
- core data management concepts that are fundamental to the design of modern accounting systems
- recent developments in accounting information systems and the impact this has on the accounting profession.
Throughout the module, you are given practical examples using a leading enterprise system.
Module learning outcomes
- Demonstrate the purpose of the information systems function and its relationships with other parts of the organisation
- Explain how information systems support the organisation’s strategies and operations
- Evaluate the role of accounting systems in the context of business processes, transaction cycles, and internal controls
- Discuss recent developments in accounting information systems and their impact on the accounting profession