Business and management studies
Critical Perspectives on Management and Organisations
Module code: N1502
15 credits in autumn semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Workshop
Assessment modes: Coursework
This module aims to introduce you to a number of advanced topics in the field of organisation and management studies.
It draws upon contemporary research and adopts a critical and analytical perspective to study complex issues that surround the management of organisations today.
Some of the topics covered are:
- organising in post-modernity
- unpacking the foundations of institutions
- the turn to (theory and strategy of) Practice
- managing boundaries
- organisational identity & organising identity
- sense making in organisations and organisational learning
- power/knowledge, resistance and politics in organisations
- management fads & fashions.
Module learning outcomes
- Develop a critical and analytical perspective to the study of management and organisations
- Evaluate alternative aspects in the practice of managing organisations and their implications
- Evaluate contemporary practices in the management of organisations