Business and management studies
Module code: N1598
15 credits in spring teaching
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar
Assessment modes: Open examination, Coursework
In this module, you are introduced to management and organisation in the public sector.
You examine key perspectives, theories and approaches to public management.
Furthermore, you discuss relevant aspects of the transformation of the public sector over time and across many countries in the world.
In this module, you cover key issues in organising, leading, managing, and governing in the public sector and how different types of public organisations operate and are managed.
Your major topics in this module include:
- governance and accountability
- strategy and strategic planning
- public financing and financial management
- leadership and managing people
- technology and new media
- public policy.
Module learning outcomes
- Critical understanding of well-established principles of public management and relevant theories and approaches to public management.
- Comprehend processes of change in the management of public sector organisations.
- Deploy key frameworks, methods and tools to analyse different types of public organizations.