Business and management studies
Business Processes and the Role of IT (OIS)
Module code: N1603
15 credits in autumn teaching
Teaching method: Lecture, Workshop
Assessment modes: Open examination, Coursework
Outline not currently available
Module learning outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key business processes and the relations between organisation and IT.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of enterprise information systems (ERP systems) in organisations and their role in the redesign/transformation of business processes and organisational integration.
- Students will obtain substantial hands-on experience in the configuration and implementation of an industrial-strength ERP system (SAP) that enables cross-functionally and integrated business processes.
- Understand the key management challenges and success factors attending the development of ERP systems (i.e. integrated enterprise information systems) in the modern firm.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relations between organisation and IT in the digital era.