Business and management studies
Strategic Human Resource Management
Module code: N1561
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Workshop
Assessment modes: Coursework
You learn about the process of Human Resource (HR) strategy and implementation, and enhance your understanding of the strategic contributions made by the HR department in a variety of organisational contexts.
You examine the link between strategic Human Resource Management (HRM) and organisational performance, and gain an insight into major HR strategic imperatives, including knowledge management, employee engagement and the management of change.
- the strategic context of HRM
- corporate strategy, strategic HRM and organisational performance
- the strategic role of the HR department
- strategic HRM and the management of change
- strategic HR imperatives, including Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), talent management and knowledge management
- employee engagement and strategic employment relations.
Module learning outcomes
- Identify how Strategic HRM can be linked with corporate strategy
- Critique the major theoretical frameworks relating to Strategic HRM
- Explain the strategic role of the HR department
- Summarise the debates concerning the key strategic HRM imperatives