Business and management studies
Leading and Managing People
Module code: 947N1
Level 7 (Masters)
15 credits in autumn teaching
Teaching method: Workshop
Assessment modes: Coursework
Learn how to lead and manage people and gain the skills for your future career.
In this module you study:
- major contemporary research in leadership and human resource management
- the relationships that exist within organisations and how organisational members are influenced by: the leader, power, relationships and organisational culture
- the usefulness and limitations of theories, tools and practice in order to develop critical and analytical skills.
You also develop your problem solving skills so that you can develop your own leadership and people management abilities.
Module learning outcomes
- Review and critically evaluate contemporary research and debates in the field of leadership and human resource management in order to make informed decisions about improving performance of individuals and groups within organisations.
- Critically assess the relationships between leaders and followers, identifying the theory-practice links leading to feasible recommendations to improve organisational performance
- Critically discuss the limitations of a range of theories, tools and techniques in leadership and human resource management
- Solve complex problems in the area of leadership and HRM, generating feasible solutions that provide equitable consideration of those impacted