Business and management studies
Law for Accounting and Finance
Module code: N1584
15 credits in autumn teaching
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar
Assessment modes: Unseen examination, Coursework
This module aims to develop your knowledge and skills in the understanding of the general legal framework, and of specific legal areas relating to business as well as recognising the need to seek further specialist legal advice where necessary.
The module is divided into four parts:
- the English legal system
- contractual obligations
- tortious liability
- the contract of employment.
The structure of the module is informed by:
- ACCA Qualification Exam F4 (Eng) – Corporate and Business Law
- ICAEW Certificate in Finance Accounting and Business (CFAB)
- CIMA Paper CO5 – Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law.
Module learning outcomes
- Show knowledge and a critical understanding of the essential elements of the English legal system, including the main sources of law
- Recognise and apply the appropriate legal rules relating to the law of obligations.
- Explain and apply the law relating to employment relations.