Business and management studies
Module code: N1069
15 credits in autumn teaching
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar
Assessment modes: Unseen examination, Coursework
On this module, you explore the key aspects of marketing and market research, and how vital they are to the formulation of effective marketing and business plans. The module covers the essential elements from research methods, analysis, and the creation of research proposals and research reports to enable effective and powerful marketing decisions.
You start from a theoretical understanding of market research and the development of plausible research questions, and learn about different research approaches and data collection methods. You also gain knowledge of different data analysis approaches, such as:
- graphical data representations
- cluster analysis
- regression analysis.
Module learning outcomes
- Critical understanding of the role of Market Research, including its strengths and weaknesses, and understand its role in the formulation of Marketing and Business Strategies.
- Ability to create an effective Marketing Proposal and research plan, using a wide spectrum of methods and techniques appropriate to the data required.
- Comprehensive understanding of possible uses of primary and secondary data and possiblities to use it for market research plan development.
- Ability to conduct market research project, collect data, analyze it and interpret the results indicating managerial implications.