Business and management studies
Strategy for Finance
Module code: N1575
15 credits in autumn teaching
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar
Assessment modes: Unseen examination
In this module, you use the knowledge and experience gained in your previous finance modules to look at the broader issues relating to the strategic direction of organisations.
You develop the skills and tools to analyse the competitive position and resources and capabilities of organisations, and use this analysis to make strategic recommendations.
- the different approaches to strategy
- how choices are made between different approaches
- how strategies and structures are designed and implemented.
Module learning outcomes
- Understand the role of strategy in organisations, and the use of financial tools to enable strategic decisions.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the different processes and stages through which strategy is formulated and implemented within organisations.
- Analyse the external and internal context within which strategy is made, the resources available, and the strategic options available to organisations
- Demonstrate developed skills in case and company analysis and problem solving. Judge the importance of different strategies in these cases and be able to suggest appropriate strategies in context.