Module code: G5088
15 credits in spring teaching
Teaching method: Lecture, Class, Workshop
Assessment modes: Coursework, Unseen examination
In this module, you will cover:
- elementary row and column operations
- vector spaces
- linear independence
- basis and dimension
- inner products and orthogonality
- Gram-Schmidt orthonormalisation process
- linear transformations
- eigen-values and eigen-vectors
- Cayley-Hamilton theorem
- quadratic forms.
Module learning outcomes
- Understand the concept of a vector space and dimension.
- Solve linear systems of equations using elementary row and column operations on matrices.
- Calculate determinants of square matrices.
- Calculate eigen-values and eigen-vectors of square matrices.