Numerical Analysis 2
Module code: G5125
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Workshop, Lecture
Assessment modes: Coursework, Unseen examination
Topics covered include:
- linear systems (conditioning, LU factorization, basic iterative methods, convergence analysis)
- non-linear systems (fixed-point methods, Newton’s method)
- applications (iterative methods for eigen-problems, least squares, optimisation, linear programming).
Module learning outcomes
- Use computer-based techniques for solving linear and nonlinear systems.
- Perform stability and convergence analysis of numerical schemes.
- Use linear and nonlinear methods to solve spectral, least squares, optimisation and linear programming problems.