Physics and astronomy
Lasers and Photonics
Module code: F3218
15 credits in spring teaching
Teaching method: Lecture, Class
Assessment modes: Coursework, Unseen examination
This module covers:
- Light-matter interaction.
- Rate equations of lasers.
- Principles of Gaussian optics and optical cavities.
- Types of lasers and their applications.
Level 5: (F3204) Electrodynamics [T1]
Module learning outcomes
- Explain the principles of lasers.
- Apply rate equations to lasers.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of different laser types.
- Apply Gaussian optics.