Anthropology of Migration
Module code: L6080DUD
30 credits in autumn semester
Teaching method: Workshop
Assessment modes: Not yet finalised
In this module, you engage closely with the anthropology of migration.
You cover topics such as:
- migration, development and modernity
- transnationalism and diaspora
- belonging and home
- multiculturalism and cultural identity
- refugees and asylum seekers
- borderlands and the state.
And through these topics, you explore the ways in which anthropologists have critically engaged with debates surrounding migration - from early work on the South African Copperbelt, to contemporary work which interrogates the nature and politics of mobility and immobility.