Module code: C8551
15 credits in autumn semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Practical
Assessment modes: Unseen examination, Coursework
On this module you will attend 23 one-hour lectures, a two hour practical, and one hour seminar.
You’ll be introduced to Cognitive Psychology topics, from basic perception to thinking.
- sensory systems and visual perception
- sound and speech perception
The two-hour practical will be a memory experiment.
Module learning outcomes
- Describe and critically evaluate core research in cognitive psychology.
- Critically evaluate approaches to generating and testing research questions.
- Exercise decision-making in research design and understand the limitations of different approaches.