Module code: V7059
15 credits in autumn teaching
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar
Assessment modes: Take away paper, Coursework
You are introduced to some of the central issues in Kant's theoretical and practical philosophy.
Topics covered include:
- Kant's doctrine of the subjective nature of space and time; causation
- the self and selfidentity; freedom and moral agency
- duty and the moral law
- the question as to the meaning and coherence of Kant's 'idealism.'
Module learning outcomes
- Demonstrate a detailed and critical understanding of the importance of Kant's theoretical and practical philosophy.
- Analyse key arguments in Kant's work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key Kantian concepts.
- Comment succinctly and accurately on Kant's work.