Media and film studies
Creative Media: Photography
Module code: P4076
30 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Practical, Workshop
Assessment modes: Coursework
The module aims to develop your skills in the creation of photographic projects while expanding your knowledge of the theories and practices common to photography, as well as enhancing your knowledge of research methods, production techniques and processes.
As well as producing your own photographs you'll collaborate with a group of your peers to develop each other's ideas.
This module builds on the practical and conceptual skills acquired at level 1.
It allows you to focus on the creation of a media project while expanding your knowledge of the theories and practices common to photography.
- enhance your understanding of key processes and techniques
- learn to research in depth
- draw on a range of sources
- translate your research into an appropriate visual form which demonstrates critical awareness of the subject and the genre.
Module learning outcomes
- Employ their skills in media practice by completing a creative project which is of an appropriate level in both form and content.
- Apply methods of critical analysis to their work by clearly defining the relationship between the practical and conceptual development of their creative project.
- Demonstrate research skills and a developed understanding of production processes.
- Reflect critically and theoretically on their production work as evidenced by the creation of their research portfolio.