Media and film studies
Cultural and Creative Industries: Industry Experience
Module code: 889P4
Level 7 (Masters)
60 credits in autumn & spring teaching
Teaching method: Seminar, Workshop, Lecture
Assessment modes: Portfolio
You develop a project in relation to professional practices in the Cultural and Creative Industries through a portfolio of critical work making up an original and researched project. This includes a portfolio of work related to a professional work environment.
You will compile a relevant biography of critical, textual sources and industrial sources as appropriate, and critically evaluate these in constructing a response to a chosen question or topic.
You use primary and secondary research using suitable methodologies.
You undertake industry experience in a relevant organisation as part of your research for this project.
Module learning outcomes
- Demonstrate a critical engagement with professional practice in the Cultural and Creative Industries
- Show a comprehensive understanding of current debates about the Cultural and Creative Industries
- Work collaboratively in a work place or production team
- Produce relevant production or workplace documentation
- Use a high standard of professional judgement in relation to the Cultural and Creative Industries
- Critically self-evaluate methods and progress and respond flexibly to challenges and changing situations