Media and film studies
Creative Production: Communication Design
Module code: P4067
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Workshop, Practical
Assessment modes: Coursework
This module introduces you to using desktop publishing and interactive media applications whilst also encouraging critical reflection on issues of form and representation in relation to the work they produce. You will learn key processes and techniques involved in the production of digital media:
- image editing
- composition and manipulation
- information and communication
- layout design and presentation.
You will work individually to realise set exercises in and out of class and produce a completed set of digital artefacts to a project brief.
Module learning outcomes
- Demonstrate a proficient and competent use of production technology in a specific medium.
- Conceive, research, develop, design and execute a medium-specific creative media project.
- Apply informed medium-specific reflection to their own and others' creative media projects.
- Demonstrate reflexivity about the intersection of practice and theory.